Saturday, September 1, 2012

September in Overview

So, it is September 1st. The ninth month out of twelve in the year. The start of fall, school, and colder weather! I can already tell you, I don't know about you, but my September is going to be super busy! Here's my month, start to finish, just to give you a heads-up:

September 2nd: My mom's birthday! Happy birthday Mommy :)

September 3rd: I march with my band in my town's Labor Day Parade!! Hooray. Not really, I hate parade marching. Plus, it is going to be hot on Monday and there is a chance of thunderstorms. Just the perfect conditions for a marching band.

September 4th-30th: Marching band practice, every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2:45-5:15. When did I sign up for this again?  

Tuesdays throughout September: Voice lessons

Wednesdays throughout September: Flute lessons and newly added, Chamber Singers! That's right, my sister and I completed a successful, highly competitive audition to get into one of three extracurricular vocal ensembles at our school. It opens up a whole new door of opportunities and we are psyched!!!  

September 7th: My friend Linsey turns sixteen! Happy birthday!!


September 9th-11th: Birthday week! These three days, my friends Sam, Sandhya, and Bhavya will turn sixteen, sixteen, and fifteen. There will be many presents to go around.


September 15th: The first marching band festival of the season! We will be competing at a local high school with many other marching bands to place. I am very excited, since it is our first festival of the season and my first marching band festival EVER!

September 17th-22nd: Homecoming Week!!!! There will be several different theme days, the coronation and bonfire, and the homecoming football game.

September 22nd: The actual homecoming dance! I just got my dress today :). I am going with a group of my friends, but we have yet to decide whose house we will eat and take pictures at and have the after party at. And its three weeks from today! And three weeks goes by fast.  We really need to start planning.  

September 29th: The second of two marching band festivals this month. Its yet to be determined, but we think it will be at a local university since we don't like to travel far. So much for us having a renowned marching band heard about far and wide

Now let's throw in eating, sleeping, and doing homework and trying to have what you would call a social life. So far, I see three of these things as options.

So wish me luck this month! And I hope you all have a happy September.



No comments:

Post a Comment