Monday, June 3, 2013

Finals 2013 & Looking Ahead

So, here at Neuqua Valley High School, finals week is coming to a close. My last two finals are tomorrow, Band and French 3. Woo hoo!

So, I already have my final grades in four classes. In Honors English II, I got a B+, in Chemistry, I got a B, in Gym, I got an A (but who doesn't? It's Gym, for crying out loud), and in Geometry, I got a C+

Yeah, that's right. This is my FIRST ever C in a class for the end of the year up to this point in my life. But you know what? I don't care.

While I understand and am fully aware that a Geometry course and at least three years of math classes are required to graduate at my school, the profession that I am going into (musical theatre performance) will never, ever, ever require me to find the slope of something. I hope.

But, odds are, it won't. Next year for junior year, I will try my hardest to do better in my math class, but I will give the most I can give. I won't worry about my math grade too much. I will just try to get it to a point where it contributes positively to my GPA. I will just focus on my two AP classes I will be taking next year in two subjects that I LOVE (English and History).

I will just look forward to next year and try my best, but also focus on what I love. That is it in a nutshell. I will also only focus what will move me towards my college/subject major & minor goals.

I hope you all can take something away from this, too.


1 comment: