Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The 4th of July on the 3rd of July

Happy Independence Day! 


While today is usually known as the day our founding fathers declared independence from Great Britain, it will also be known as one of the hottest days of the 21st century. Triple digit temperature records are being set across the country. And what better way to celebrate the holiday but with a 4th of July party the day before AND outside in the heat!


Well, that's what was on my agenda yesterday, and was it a party! The Aurora Country Club does know how to throw a soiree.  


My family was invited by our close friends and it is a sort of tradition between us. My sister, Jill, our friend, Julia, and myself spent the evening traipsing across the immaculate golf course, drinking to beat the heat, and taking crazy pictures with random objects. The evening ended with a spectacular fireworks show, which NEVER disappoints! 



Enjoy the pix!    




I swear, this girl and I could be sisters! Then my real sister shows up....


A view of the party with me and Jill!
 On the green!
Our version of box height! (It's a marching band thing.)
Just a little bit of the gorgeous ACC golf course.




Last night's fireworks! The show went on for a full twenty minutes!







Have a happy Fourth of July! And stay cool, America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment