Friday, July 13, 2012

Two Day Vacay!

As many of you who read this blog live in the suburbs, I can imagine that life for you is as mundane and routine as it is for me. So to break it up, I just made two day trips! 


On Wednesday, my mom had a doctor's appointment at Northwestern Medical Center in Chicago, and my sister and I hopped on for a free ride into the city. We both went and had lunch, shopped around, and ate some delicious Red Mango that is MUCH better than the Red Mango shop we have here in Naperville. (For those of you that don't know, Red Mango is an up-and-coming frozen yogurt place catering to yuppies who live in the city and hipsters who live in the suburbs). We met back up with my family and we went home, glad to have the distraction of the city for the day. I love going into the city as much as I can because the suburbs are much too boring for me and all of the theaters that I love are there, plus the college I want to go to is there (Columbia of Chicago!). 


Yesterday, my mom's friend invited us up to Union Pier, Michigan for the day. After almost getting lost on the expressway, we made it to the town and headed to the beach immediately. Now, I usually don't like lakes because I am an ocean person and it just feels, I don't know, right, swimming in the Atlantic for me, but the water yesterday was beautiful, calm, and it felt like our party of five were the only people on the beach. I hadn't been to the Union Pier/New Buffalo area of Michigan in forever, so it felt great to be back at a place where there is a natural body of water. 


Tomorrow, I am leaving for New York City! I will keep everyone posted on my vacation and put up pictures and blog (hopefully) daily about my trips into Manhattan! Stay posted, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment