Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Holiday Season

So, Thanksgiving is definitely over, but I'm sure the leftovers are still in your refrigerators!

As you continue to pick at that leftover stuffing and pumpkin pie, you might start to get ready for the upcoming holiday season with your family and friends. My family started yesterday and finished today, decorating my house with various strands of garland, lights, decorative Santas and snowmen, and putting up our two Christmas trees. It was a TON of work, but lots of fun, as the Charlie Brown Christmas CD motivated my sister and I to continue decorating the huge tree in our family tree and continue to run up and down our stairs with boxes.

At my school, the holidays start this week and continue through December with the annual holiday Crystal Concerts on the 29th and the 30th. All curricular and extracurricular music groups come together and play a seamless concert of holiday music. I attended my first one last year and it was really quite impressive!

This year, my sister and I will both be performing in Chamber Singers, an extracurricular/co-curricular women's group and I will be performing in the Symphonic Bands performance, as well. The Crystal Concerts occur over two days, with two performances per day. Even though it will be a great experience and I can't wait, I'm sure I will be exhausted afterwards!

Throughout December, our school will hold a Holiday drive to help families in poorer parts of the United States to have gifts for Christmas. I participated last year and it gave me a really great feeling to be able to be helping someone have a great Christmas! I will definitely do it again this year, and I'm sure my sister will too!

Enjoy the last week of November, those few Thanksgiving leftovers, and the beginning of the upcoming holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment